• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Performance Ram??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yanal

A couple of days ago,I purshased a program called everest and I did a memory/cache benchmark.Compared to the saved everest results of certain ram types,I found mine to be low.The writing speed was around 5000 MHZ and Copying was around 3700 MHZ and the latency 92.I have a TWINMOS 2GB pc6400 800 MHZ in Dual Channel(1GB x 2) and a dual core e2220 at 2.9 GHZ and an NVIDIA 9600GT.Is there a benchmark utility i could use other than everest to compare my ram performace to others??? I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the default ram bios settings in my motherboard.I have a GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard.What do you think?? I am really sorry for asking lots of questions and taking much of your time.

many thanks in advance,
Yanal Al Hasan

Just wondering....
I'm using a trial version of everest and my memory latency is 77.6 ns.
Is that decent? I'm not fimiliar with this particular term...it must be either really good or really bad because I'm the 7th one down on the benchmark results list.

Last edited:
well, i'm guessing a lower value is better, because I just reset my timings from 4-5-5-15 to 4-4-4-12 and restarted the benchmark, now my latency is 76.9.

What is a good number to shoot for? Do I want to try to get my latency into say, the 50's?

If you ask me, it prolly doesn't matter a whole lot. RAM is fast no matter how "cheap" it is. With RAM, Quantity is always better than quality unless of course it's holding you back from a significant overclock

Back