• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which notebook has a very long lasting battery ? (Sub-$1000)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

I am looking for a notebook for college and was looking for a longlasting battery notebook. I was thinking about a Macbook but I heard they only last like 3.5hours real-world. What do you guys think?

I'm sure there are many that utilize multiple batteries. Usually the second battery is a bit smaller, but it either replaces the optical drive, or there is a spare bay somewhere in the laptop.

If your looking for some serious battery life, than look for a netbook with an extended life battary. my Acer aspire one is suppose to last up to 7 hours on an extended life

My Inspiron 700m has the extended life battery, too bad extended life is only 4 hours.

Which is pretty long when you think about it.

anything with that x3100 or any intergrated videocard would give you some killer battery life.

really depends on the batteries, most laptops today come with 6cell batteries standard, but the 8cell batteries will last longer but will most likely stick out of the back of the laptop
i would look at some thinkpads with 45nm T8xxx/T9xxx and extended battery life with intel x3100 IGP

Back