• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this PSU handle the ATi 4870?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it should. However, with your computer being rather high end, I'll suggest investing more. Corsair hx's series are great.

it should. However, with your computer being rather high end, I'll suggest investing more. Corsair hx's series are great.
I agree w/- Blazing fire the Corsair HX620W/HX520W are great PSU's and if you can afford a bit more money it will be well worth it. It also gives you the option to upgrade more easily in the future.:)

Hi there!

Can this PSU handle the new ATi 4870?

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171015

Thanks.

PS, system specs:

Q6600
P35-DS3 Gigabyte
2gb super talent 4-4-3-8 @ 800mhz
400GB hard drive

Thank

Not recommended. Neither 12v rail (14amp & 15amp) puts out much for a 10-11 amp GPU card. We know you're going to overclock it. :D

A Corsair VX450 would handle it all just fine with its single 33 amp 12v rail (~$60) if you're on a budget. No sense spending $250 - $275 for a top notch GPU and use a lesser quality, borderline power supply.

Back