• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid driver problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I am using Nlite to put the raid drivers for my motherboard on my windows install disk. There are two INF files in the “make disk” file that you download from Asus. I put both of them on the disk but the raid drive still won’t come up. What am I doing wrong?

I usually go ahead and MAKE the 3.5" floppy. THEN copy the files off the floppy, and store them in a safe place (I keep all of my drivers and apps in a folder). THEN point nLite to those files... I generally point to the IASTOR file, but as long as you select the correct Chipset (ICHxR) and RAID mode when prompted, you should be fine...

:cool:

I think the problem may be that i am not putting the chipset driver on the install cd. I can't make a 3.5 floppy because well all my drive crapped out on me and i never replaced them, however, the install file from ASUS has a file in it called "disk" this file i believe is identical to what goes into the 3.5 floppy. I will have to play with it this week.

Thanks for your help.

I tried every possible way of slipstreaming my raid drivers on my a win cd but no luck. I finally found a floppy drive and created the disk using asus's utility.... now when i try the read the disk i get

txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error......

now what?

EDIT
Ok the problem had something to do with my "slipstreamed" copy of xp i made. I put in the original disk and it works fine

Last edited:
Back