• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e7300 released?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the one i want is the one thats going to be about 85 bucks its a 5500 or 5300 dont remember but dang that things going to have a 12.5 multi i think 2mb of cache but its all good with that multi you can take that thing hella high

the one i want is the one thats going to be about 85 bucks its a 5500 or 5300 dont remember but dang that things going to have a 12.5 multi i think 2mb of cache but its all good with that multi you can take that thing hella high

Usually such chips have issues hitting high fsb so dont expect to have miracle overclocks or anything. They will be great chips dont get me wrong but dont expect it to beat the e7300 even with its higher multis. The e5 series is ment to replace the e2 series which although it overclocks well doesnt overtake higher 65nm chips overclocking wise. Also the es chips that you tend to see in early reviews usually dont have low fsb limits like their retail counterparts.

Personally Im rather underwhelmed by the e7300. I was waiting for one when the first price drop and e0 news hit the net a few months back. Personally I was hoping for a new stepping on the e7300 as it has the same multi as the new stepping e8600 and was slated for the same august 11 launch. However this doesnt seem to be the case, not the launch which is basically correct but the stepping which seems to be differnt, although I still hope to be wrong on this.

If the e7300 doesnt get the new stepping then IMHO its not worth $20 more to move from the 9.5 multi a e7200 has to a 10 multi. The e7200 still seems to be the best budget chip out there to me given their price/performance points. Also eventually we will see the new stepping on the e8400 which is what $30 more then the e7300 from intels price sheets. This kills the e7300 in my mind; for $30 more you will get double the cache and eventually a better stepping. Basically the e7300 sits in the middle of two great chips and doesnt differentiate itself enough to be worth it in my books. Either you save 20 bucks and only lose out on .5 more max multi or spend $30 more and get a better clocking stepping and more cache.

However if the e7300 where to be a different stepping then it would easily be worth $20 more then the e7200 and would hold its own, at its price point, against the e8400 in my books.

Last edited:
Personally Im rather underwhelmed by the e7300. I was waiting for one when the first price drop and e0 news hit the net a few months back. Personally I was hoping for a new stepping on the e7300 as it has the same multi as the new stepping e8600 and was slated for the same august 11 launch. However this doesnt seem to be the case, not the launch which is basically correct but the stepping which seems to be differnt, although I still hope to be wrong on this.

If the e7300 doesnt get the new stepping then IMHO its not worth $20 more to move from the 9.5 multi a e7200 has to a 10 multi. The e7200 still seems to be the best budget chip out there to me given their price/performance points. Also eventually we will see the new stepping on the e8400 which is what $30 more then the e7300 from intels price sheets. This kills the e7300 in my mind; for $30 more you will get double the cache and eventually a better stepping. Basically the e7300 sits in the middle of two great chips and doesnt differentiate itself enough to be worth it in my books. Either you save 20 bucks and only lose out on .5 more max multi or spend $30 more and get a better clocking stepping and more cache.

However if the e7300 where to be a different stepping then it would easily be worth $20 more then the e7200 and would hold its own, at its price point, against the e8400 in my books.

yea your right about that but im sure the 7300's are going to have the new stepping no doubt about it but someone hurry up and get one to confirm this!

and i dont think were going to be seeing those new 8400's any time soon since places like new egg are going to sell their old stock before they let out those new chips...its going to be the same thing like when the q6600's came out...

Nice retailers like micro center will let you look at the boxes when you buy processors. On top of that they have great prices. Basically what I am trying to say is that if you put some basic work in you can get new stepping easily even in the transition times it just requires knowing the numbers and speaking to employees. Also if you can look at boxes you can pick great clocking weeks while your at it.

However obviously this doesnt apply to places like newegg. Although even online you have been able to get newer steppings durring the transition times. Tankguys is a great example of this. In the past you could pay a bit more for a guaranteed stepping.

yea your right about that but im sure the 7300's are going to have the new stepping no doubt about it but someone hurry up and get one to confirm this!

Although we have yet to see the e7300 in the hands of many users all e7300s that you can see in reviews are the same stepping as the e7200. Again compairing it to the e8600 which has the same multi and basically is getting launched at the same time has always had the new stepping in reviews and early releases. At this point there is nothing but bad news in regards to the e7300 stepping but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we have yet to get the pudding so time will tell.

I agree. It'll be disappointing if the E7300 doesn't have the new stepping. Then again, for the most part, by the time the E8400 gets the new stepping the E7300 should have gotten it.

it seems there's too many CPUs in the under $200 range.

e7200, e7300, e8200, e8400 and then soon the e5200 etc.. confusing.

e8200 is EOLed currently IIRC

Also after more thinking on this stepping issue I think we should see, at the very least, some e0 stepping e7300s regardless. Most current e7200 chips are M0 stepping, only 3mb cache on dye, which we have no info on any replacement to that stepping as of yet. However some e7200 have the C0 stepping seen on the e8 series, 6mb on dye only 3mb active in the case of the e7 series. The E0 stepping is replacing the C0 stepping in the e8 series line so we should see some that fail to have 6mb cache working trikkle down to the e7 series regardles of if the M0 stepping is replaced or not.

Last edited:
Back