• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biosboy4

I have a cheap 7200 GS in one of my Linux boxes (Ubuntu 8.04), my question is; how do I overclock it in Linux? I don't really feel like flashing the bios, but I will if I have too....

You can use nvclock in the repo's. There's a couple front ends you can use for it as well. But use with caution. Though I can't say it supports the 7200, but I think it does.

Ok cool. I got the console, GTK, and the QT version installed... but I can't seem to access the gui to save my life. Help?

Last edited:
nvclock_qt(gtk) or something, iirc. Any time you have that problem, there's a command line way to do it but look in the repos, search the app, view the app details, and it will tell you where it installs to and what name it will be using. Odd that it's nvclock-qt or something in the repos and - is changed to _ when you need to call it from command line.

You should probably also run it as root. I get strange errors if I dont (or have in the past) like segfaults and stack smash warnings.
Code:
sudo nvclock_gtk
Works great for me, always has, give it a go, should be fine.

I gave it a shot and all works perfectly fine. Thanks for the replies guys!

I do have 1 more question though... The mobo on this particular rig has an intel chipset and supports crossfire. When I was using Windows, I was able to make it do SLI no problem with "hacked" drivers. However, I've had no luck with that in Linux... anyone have any ideas?

Back