• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diamond 4870x2 @ NCIXUS $510+ Shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:eh?:

This is what happened when I clicked your link..

FireShotcapture9-ReportedAttackSite.png

Firefox issue maybe....open it up on Internet Explorer. Works okay. that site is not a spyware threat.

haha funny comments in their threads:

"The Playstation 3 will retail for, errr, I mean, the 4870 will retail for 599$"

"What is the current listing status for www.ncixus.com/products/?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 08/08/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 08/08/2008.

Malicious software includes 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including plgou.com.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including 1000mg.cn."

It is finally here. Good b/c maybe it'll drive some other prices down soon enough...

Link about issue

As you may have noticed our site and forum have been down periodically today. Our site was targeted by an exploit which redirected users to an external website that attempted to install malware on their systems.

No customer information was compromised nor was any other part of our database affected. The exploit was designed only to redirect users to another website and did not target any information from the infected site.

Our site is once again McAfee Secure verified and passes Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. You may experience periodic instances of our website being down throughout the day as we bring our system back fully online. You may also experience a security alert warning from your web browser, this is a standard google security measure and they will remove the warning once they have reviewed the fixes that have been implemented.

As a precautionary measure, we recommend running an antivirus and antispyware scan of your system if you visited our site during this exploit and were redirected to the external website. AVG offers a free version of their software for download at:

http://free.avg.com/ww.download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

Thanks for your understanding and we’ll be back up and running 100 percent shortly.

at $550, i'd rather buy 2x 4870s for $500ish AR.

Yeah, I was all lathered up about getting one of these sometime this week. But I went and bought a sweeeet Q-9650 (4+gig) with most of my 4780x2 money. Looks like I will be waiting a couple weeks now before I get one, and by the current pricing seems like a good move. The 4870 price dropped pretty fast in the 1st few weeks it was out but we'll see. Now that i think about it it might not drop due to it being the "fastest video card" on the planet. Or so the reviews say...:)

Yeah, I was all lathered up about getting one of these sometime this week. But I went and bought a sweeeet Q-9650 (4+gig) with most of my 4780x2 money. Looks like I will be waiting a couple weeks now before I get one, and by the current pricing seems like a good move. The 4870 price dropped pretty fast in the 1st few weeks it was out but we'll see. Now that i think about it it might not drop due to it being the "fastest video card" on the planet. Or so the reviews say...:)

hook me up with some good review links, buddeh!!

i wanna see how it holds up against 2x 4870 crossfire b/c i might wanna do that.

$559.99 + shipping @ NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768

Okay looking at some benchmarks, I don't get how the 4870x2 gets so much hype. The 9800gx2 beats it in many cases or is close to it, and it's HALF THE PRICE!
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_4870x2/

And then this one here:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1

I don't like how the 9800gx2 isn't included in that one.

The reviews aren't conclusive enough for me. Anyone have better links? I was just googling.

*edit*
This seems a bit better:
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=607

Still want to see the 9800gx2!! They're so cheap when you think about the performance.

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed with the 4870x2's price and performance. 9800GX2 is by far the better deal.

That's what I've been stuck on. Is there something really great that the 4870x2 offers, though, as far as QUALITY? I don't know much about DX10 point something, and that jibber jabber.

It seems to be doing extremely well with the AA turned up...and its strange how its consistent throughout all the resolutions..which doesnt make sense to me.

It seems to be doing extremely well with the AA turned up...and its strange how its consistent throughout all the resolutions..which doesnt make sense to me.

I could be wrong as I don't know much about video cards these days, but if there's a certain feature (such as amount of shaders) that's extremely powerful, and not being used, then this would make sense.

For example, if the GPU and MEM are maxing out at say 120fps at 1920x1200 with no AA, and the shaders are running at 40% potential, then the shaders will accommodate for the extra AA when you crank it up.

Perhaps it's not shaders, but it's gotta be something like an extra feature not being utilized when AA is off.

Make sense? :)

Better have a fast CPU otherwise you will cripple it. If you have AMD CPU, you are already walking on one leg.

Back