• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow, prices have come down!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, Ridata has been around for many years. However, I would still go with the OCZ Core series 64GB for less than 100 bucks more after rebate.
Actually, I wouldn't touch SSD's with a ten foot wallet right now due to the corruption issues when running AHCI or RAID.:(

In regards to the OCZ Core series, I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote on another forum:

I had the 64gb one in my Gateway P-6860 which did run very fast most of the time, but there were definitely problems. The drive would slow to a crawl whenever there was increased hard drive activity, like installing an app, unzipping a file, etc. OCZ still isn't sure what the cause of the problem is.

At the same time, the drive does work fine for a lot of people, and pretty much every professional review so far has been positive. I've also read that maybe the drive needs to be on it's own in laptops, and since I also used the stock 320gb 5400 drive in the second SATA slot, that might have been the cause of my problems.

The only definitive thing I can tell you is that YMMV.

I'll be testing the drive in another laptop in the coming weeks, hopefully I'll have better results then.

Check out the old 10,000 rpm raptors on Ebay you can get em for like $50.00 but you pretty much have to go there because they're sold out on every standard pc hardware retailer.

Back