• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8600 and BIOSTAR TPower I45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanBest

Ok, I got the parts in my sig, all installed, working fine so far, ran Crysis, updated everything ,all drivers, BIOS, Windows, everything I can think of. Crossfire is working fine, it seems, but no matter what I do in the bios I cant get any sort of overclock to boot past bios. I changed it from 333 x 10 to like 350 x 10 and got a whopping 3.5ghz but thats it. Anything higher and no such luck. I turned off speedstep i turned off the c1e thing and I read all the guides and looked everywhere. I don't know what I'm missing. I can't even get the ram to run at 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v which is waht its stock speed should be. I tried uping ddr to 2.1 and had cpu at like 1.3 and couldn't even get 4ghz.

voltages as of stock mobo settings

cpu - 1.152v
ddr - 1.872v
fsb - 1.104v
nb/sb - 1.088v

I can use these stock settings and increase/decrease by like .05v and .1v depending on which I'm changing.

I'm sorry to be this basic, but this is my first overclock and I'm really stuck. I read every guide. I've done nothing but read OC guides for the last 2 months while deciding on my build. Hopefully it's just somethign extremely dumb I'm missing. Thanks in advance. Windwithme's review shows the bios settings, and I set my to the same, but still no luck.

Any suggestions? Is my NB/SB too low. I looked around and 1.088v seems REALLY low, others seem to be like 1.3v-1.4v. Could this be it?

I would try to up the NB voltage...my default voltage is like 1.25 or so on my rampage...

What are you trying to run your memory at also...divider/Mhz

I don't see a way to set dividers honestly. The windwithme link shows all the bios screens, i dont even see something like that. I was able to jump fsb to 500 and 8x multi but memory needs like 2.5v!!! 2.1v and 2.2v do nothing... any ideas?

Not sure. I got 4Ghz (500x8) stable with like 1.2X vcore but the ddr was at 2.88, can't take it any lower without it failing...any ideas? also took fsb to 1.2Xv and nb/sb 1.2Xv

when u go to the part that says what i quoted above it should have enabled...press entre wat options does it have in there?

also checked on the divider, when i hit enter its just enable/disable, if i disable it i can enter my own ram timings, nothing else....

Sorry meant 2.288*...jeez I'm tired...

Didnt mean for it to come across mean or anything...just made my heart jump when I seen that and I was really hopping that was a type-o because 2.8v would of really hurt the memory...

Lets just say...I am pretty extreme when it comes to voltage...but 2.88 is well past my extreme :beer:

Drop your DDR down too 1066 or lower. Then retry. I have that memory and whenever you go into the bios and set it over 1066 it will not boot, no matter what voltage you throw at it.

I had it up at 1140 and 1066, but it needed 2.488 to boot, don't like 2.5v, seems scary. I can't figure out how to set a divider though. If I set it to ddr2-800 I won't budge over 400 fsb correct?

Try leaving your voltage settings to auto. The Bios will scale the voltages as you increase your overclock and you can always dial in your voltages manually later. Keep your Dram Timing Configurations to Auto and set your Configure DRAM Timing by SPD to enable. Set your FSB(Bsel) to Northbridge Latch to FSB 1333. Try something like 8x442 = 3.536 GHz @ DDR2 1066Mhz. Make note of Auto voltage settings for future reference. Set the Memory Test in O.N.E menu to enable and see if it completes all tests without errors. Raise multi to 9X442 = 3.978 GHz @ DDR2 1066Mhz. Make note of the new Auto voltage settings and run Memory test for errors then download OCCT 2.0 and Real Temp v2.7 and test for stability in windows. The auto voltage settings may actually be higher then necessary for a given overclock and you should be able to manually back down from them to get the best balance between voltage and overclock. I would think that your E8600 should do well over 4.0 GHz and your memory should be able to run at 1066 MHz with 2.1v.

On my Biostar TPower I45 set to 9x442/DDR2 1066 and Northbridge Latch to FSB 1333 the auto voltage settings are:
CPU: 1.272v
NB/SB: 1.176v
DDR2: 2.016v
FSB: 1.200v

PolRoger90, thanks I'll try that. I just moved in so no internet at my new house yet, using my parents now. I'll give it a shot and post it when I get it set up...damn Comcast.

I believe setting the RAM to DDR-667 will allow it to run 1:1. This is based on the default 333FSB speed. As you up the FSB speed the RAM speed should increase proportionally.

Get your FSB to 400, and RAM will automatically be at 800. Get your FSB up to 500, and RAM should be at 1000.

I think you're trying to run your RAM at very high speeds atm, and that is why your topping out so fast.

Use CPU-Z to verify your RAM speed.

Back