• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 1200, temps drop big time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
something tells me you cleaned up the wiring too...
oh and from the pics im pretty sure you were sporting a classic Xaser III like case... like me...

Yeah the case only had a serial number on it that points to a chinese website so I couldn't really tell you what the case is called. I bought it local.

But the side pannel can't have a fan on it because my TRU120x just barely fits when the case closes... I'll have to mod a fan a bit I guess because I'm going to have x2 3870x2's in this case it looks like and they are the ASUS models that don't have the exhaust as they have the 4 DVI outs.

my 1200 I run same temps, but half the volume of the 80 mm HS fan whine....

compared to modded SX835II with 120 side fan and 5 80s..

The only fan I really hear that is distinct is the 2 fans on my ASUS 3870x2 because it's a beast of a card w/ 4 DVI outs... And I have a 2nd one coming in the mail today actually so it's going to get even worse.

I was able to get the side fan on (the one that wouldn't fit because of my TRU120x heat sink). I cut off one of the corners of the fan and grinded/smoothed the edges down by rubbing it back and forth on the cement in my driveway :) So it basiclly looks like a regular fan but with 3 corners and one rounded edge. It looks great actully and fits in the side fan pannel w/ about half an inch to spare! When this 2nd card comes, All said and done I'll have 15 fans inside this case (counting the 2 on each vid card and psu)

I love this Antec 1200...

I was able to get the side fan on (the one that wouldn't fit because of my TRU120x heat sink). I cut off one of the corners of the fan and grinded/smoothed the edges down by rubbing it back and forth on the cement in my driveway :) So it basiclly looks like a regular fan but with 3 corners and one rounded edge. It looks great actully and fits in the side fan pannel w/ about half an inch to spare! When this 2nd card comes, All said and done I'll have 15 fans inside this case (counting the 2 on each vid card and psu)

I love this Antec 1200...

What good is a side fan that blows down a vertical HS like the TRUE? My common sense says it won't do anything but cause problems since side fans in that area are meant to feed cool air to a stock like HS. I too agree that most of your drop likely came from cleaning things up, increased airflow, and the sheer size of it.

Axis

The airflow doesn't go down the TRU120x, it was only about a half an inch of the corner tip of the fan that was in the way so I removed it. The airflow actually is blowing on my chipset and my video card (s) and then being sucked out by the downward air of the videocard fans into the PSU fan which is at the bottom of the case exhausting air out the back. It's actually a great airflow I have going and my temps have dropped even more slightly from doing this.

I'll get some pics up in a day or so... as well as the black marks on my cement lol

(I didn't add this side fan until well after my system had been up and running for over a week, thus my observation of temps dropping further)

Last edited:
Ok here is a pic of the side pannel so far. More work to be done on it.

Attachments

• Death Kitty.jpg
    Death Kitty.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 663
Back