• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Switch Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

So I have been working on a PC that needs a new power switch. Today I got this from the rat shack. I figured it would be the perfect thing so I drilled a hole in the front panel, soldered it up, and nothing. I double checked the pin outs and the power switch cord by bridging the connections manually and its all good to go.

Did I break something? Is it a bad switch? Did I pick the wrong thing?

Please help me out, I was pretty confident about this simple job, but now I am second guessing my judgment as to what was needed.

Is That switch just a push on/push off SPST, you really need a momentary type.
Have you checked switch with Multimeter to see if it is working

Hrm, it does appear that way on the website, but it is definately a momentary switch. I would have used a multimeter, but I left most of my electronics stuff at school.

I went back to rat shack this morning and they let me exchange the switch out for another one. It works perfectly now. Must have just been a lemon.

Back