• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how the hell do you click in the stick e8400 heat sink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimson1566

I push one side in and then the other side won't click in. Then i try doing opposing corners but only one corener clicks in. What the hell am i doing wrong?

lol i had the same problem in my q6600 stock heatsink. Make sure none of the pins are bent, mine turned out to be bent and I just ordered an aftermarket heatsink.

lol i had the same problem in my q6600 stock heatsink. Make sure none of the pins are bent, mine turned out to be bent and I just ordered an aftermarket heatsink.

lol, how could they be bent? they're plastic. My cousin had the same problem gettting the heat sink on his quad core.

This is BS, it aint that easy. Hell i'm pushing down pretty hard and the thing aint going in. Stupid design. Is it worth getting an after market hesat sink or can i hit 4ghz on the stock one?

Although I know this doesn't help your current problem, it's very well known that stock heat sinks are total garbage. My best suggestion to you is to spend like $20-$30 bucks on any aftermarket heat sink with a bolt-through kit. You''ll be able to fit it much much easier and you'll also then be able to OC the processor.

Although I know this doesn't help your current problem, it's very well known that stock heat sinks are total garbage. My best suggestion to you is to spend like $20-$30 bucks on any aftermarket heat sink with a bolt-through kit. You''ll be able to fit it much much easier and you'll also then be able to OC the processor.

what heat sink is reccomended for e8400.

A Xigmatek HDT-1283 works really well and they sell a bolt through kit for it.

There's universal bolt through kits you can use with any heatsink.

The Sunbeam Core Contact comes with a bolt through kit.

Sorry, I'm at work and a lil busy. I responded to your pm, but will reiterate here. The BEST A/C solution is currently the TRUE 120(Thermalright 120 Extreme) but you would need to purchase one or two 120mm fans.

A Xigmatek HDT-1283 works really well and they sell a bolt through kit for it.

There's universal bolt through kits you can use with any heatsink.

The Sunbeam Core Contact comes with a bolt through kit.

thanks man, bought this and the bolt kit for 37 after rebate.

Back