• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 750i ftw, what are the true advantages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsx-g88

Registered
I dunno guys but I think I bought the wrong mobo for my current rig, its a 750i ftw and running it with a q6700, haven't overclocked yet because of lack of time and really no need as of now.

I don't know why I bought it mobo, really, what are the true advantages of this board you guys can bring up, to make me feel better.

thanks a lot guys.

With a Nvidia chipset such as the 750i, unlinking the memory speed allows use of slow memory (below 1:1) if you couldn't afford faster memory. This advantage typically only comes into play when you're pushing to overclock fairly aggressively. :beer:

people say its a bad board for overclocking, why is that, I was able to change the clock speed of the ram to 1066 to match the sticks of ram I purchased.

many settings including the fsb for the cpu look readily accessable, what makes it a bad overclocking candidate.

people say its a bad board for overclocking, why is that, I was able to change the clock speed of the ram to 1066 to match the sticks of ram I purchased.

many settings including the fsb for the cpu look readily accessable, what makes it a bad overclocking candidate.

Have you set the memory to "unlinked" in the bios (page 43 of manual)? It sounds like you might not have done that.

Some of the Nvidia boards don't handle quad CPUs well. I've not used a 750i so I'm not a good source of if or why they don't overclock well nor if they have a problem with a quad.

I would suggest you go over to the EVGA users forum, link to them. While there are users of the 750i here, there will probably be more fellow users of the 750i there.

i have done the unlinking and set the ram to 1066, i will certainly check out there forums to see what they have done.

Back