• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 120mm led fans where and what do i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

title says it all. im looking for 5 to 6 green led 120mm fans. i am getting a nv-690 and plan to fill it with these. i want something that has decent cfms and low db (30 or less). let me know what you guys think. i also need to know where the cheapest place to buy these from. im thinking the antec tricools or thermaltake thunderblades but not sure.
shoot me some suggestions. thank you.

The tricools are 'different' from most fans. They only have 3 LEDs and can be silent on low/med. The argument is that only high has good CFM but the 690 could handle the fans on med.

IIRC, the 690 has 4 140 mm mounts. You might want to get those instead. But finding green LED 140mm is even harder.

I think you'd be better off buying a couple Yate Loons and using the $$ you saved for green cathodes. At $15/each plus shipping, that's gonna run you close to $100 for 5 green fans.

Axis

Your choice of green makes it kind of hard to find, unfortunately. Are these for case fans or cpu fans? If they are for the case, then you don't need some honking high rpm fans then.

120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Green LED Case Fan
THERMALTAKE A1928 120MM GREEN THUNDERBLADE LED FAN - Don't believe either the cfm rating or noise rating with TT though; they overestimate their cfm and underestimate their dB.
Crystal LED Fan 120mm Green - Liable to be pretty noisy though, turn even higher rpm than the TT fan.
ANTEC TRICOOL120-GRN 120MM TRICOOL CASE FAN - kind of expensive, but you can choose your cfm and noise level.
Blackfire4 UV LED 120mm Fan Sleeved - Green - 2500 rpm fan, liable to be fairly noisy.

i dont want to use cathodes. i just want the light to shine out the fan holes, give it a little bit of a glow. the window is not very big on this case so im not really worried if the inside is lit well. like i said i plan to place the green led fans as such. 2 in front(top and bottom)blowing in, 2 in top of case back as exhaust front as intake, and one on the rear(exhaust). i dont plan to put any side fans in as i hear they tend to dissrupt airflow. let me know what you guys think. also as far as the 140 mm fans i know the top can take em but where else? the front? has anyone heard of or used one of these before?

No, I don't know of anyone that's tried them out. Why don't you buy a couple and let us know what you think of them; write a mini review of them so to speak.

i just may but will also search for some others. i have to wait till friday to order my case and i plan to order the fans along with it. i plan to do a full write up and review on my entire build.

Back