• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Applyed AS5 Twice and still hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Hello all i am looking for some help ,suggestions anything plz my CPU is ideling at 40c and load at 64c i have tooken off the Heatsink twice and applyed AS5 and it hasnt changed and i missing something , out of the 10yrs i building them this is the 1sr ever for a heat problem and all there no dust in here for i have rebuild this system with a new M/B and Memory so there is no dust anywhere here are my temps

Temperatures
Motherboard 36 °C (97 °F)
CPU 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 16 °C (61 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 15 °C (59 °F)
Aux 36 °C (97 °F)
GPU 43 °C (109 °F)
GPU Memory 42 °C (108 °F)
GPU Ambient 39 °C (102 °F)
Seagate ST3250820AS 40 °C (104 °F)
Seagate ST3320620AS 47 °C (117 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2009 RPM
GPU 2558 RPM (100%)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.34 V
Aux 1.89 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 5.48 V
+12 V 9.06 V
-12 V -3.56 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
VBAT Battery 2.56 V
GPU Vcc 3.33 V

Is this a new case? How is the airflow in the case? Run it with the side off and check your temps. This is a good looking case and should run cool, check and make sure all the fans are installed in the correct orientation and running.

Last edited:
What kind of heatsink do you have?

Is it PROPERLY installed according to it's manufacturer's instructions?

What kind of heatsink do you have?

Is it PROPERLY installed according to it's manufacturer's instructions?

yes i install this just like the manual said and it a TMG A3 , i used this one my other M/B and everything was fine i clean it of and made sure that there wasnt nothing on it and it all flushed against the cpu

Have you overclocked your setup? I see your cpu volts are 1.34v.
I've set mine to the same volts - default is 1.29/1.3, upped to 1.34v for stability.
My rig's watercooled and I get an idle temp of 39/40°C and loaded it gets up to the high 40's. Before water though it reached 59/60°C with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64pro heatsink/fan.

So if you're overclocked, then compared to mine when it was aircooled your not that much higher. Try lowering the cpu volts if you can't find any other way of getting the temps to come down.

Your Seagates are running a lot hotter than mine too. They both run at 34°C. How warm's your room?

my Room is atleast 70F and if i lower my cpu volt it reboots and it not stable so i have to keep it there ,when i put a load to my system it get to atleast 64c

if this is a new processor perhaps it is making bad contact with the IHS. If you have had the cpu for a while and this remounting is making it worse, check the retention clip that the cooler is using and make sure that it is putting adequate force to make sure there is good contact and enough pressure to make it so.

if this is a new processor perhaps it is making bad contact with the IHS. If you have had the cpu for a while and this remounting is making it worse, check the retention clip that the cooler is using and make sure that it is putting adequate force to make sure there is good contact and enough pressure to make it so.

I had this cpu for less then 1yr and it has been in 3 M/B's never had a problem with heat but i will try what you suggested

Also i just checked the HS and it not even warm

Last edited:
Well if your heat sink isnt warm, either it isnt making hardly any contact, or you have a temp diode go nuts on you. If you go through and bend on the retention clip a little on the heat sink so that it is hard to get the clip to lock, and that doesnt help, then perhaps it is a mother board bios issue. I know my mobo was reporting temps 10c higher than they were with the original bios release, and it took a few more before they got that fixed. Never know though those temp probes can fail to and what not, hopefully it is something fixable.

Core 1 24c
Core 2 24c
cpu 50c

and that idle
but now the HS is warm now

I'm confused, granted the only AMD's I have are socket 940, but do the AMD's read the temps different than Intel? It looks like the 2 core temps are added together to get a cpu temp.:confused:

Sorry if this is a threadjack.

Back