• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vendetta 2 replaces Zalman CNPS 9700 NT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clinker42

Registered
Hello

Just a post about my own experience.

Had a Zalman CNPS 9700 NT installed on my PC now for over 12 months. Been reading reviews and other tests so I ordered a OCZ Vendetta 2.

It arrived, nice cooler, pretty big, push thru clips and a big fan with iffy rubber pull thru mounts.

Anyways, decided too lap the Vendetta 2, 5 mins with some 1200 dry rub and it was really smooth. Finish was very good out of the box. Grabbed the E8600 and lapped it for about 10 mins. Didnt go for the all copper look, just the complete lapped surface.

Installed it with somne Artic silver and was very suprised at how sturdy the OCZ mounted with the push clips, doesnt move at all. The Zalman was loose.

So started it and ran Orthos. after 10 mins off Orthos, the max temp was 63Guess what the max temp was with the Zalman, 64 degrees. $80 plus some dry rub paper and an hours works and i gained 1 degree. What a waste off an afternoon.

Attachments

• zalman.doc
    177 KB · Views: 214
  • Vendetta 2 Lapped.doc
    49 KB · Views: 218
Just letting you know that AS5 takes time to cure. Though I have not witnessed it, it apparently exists with gains of 3-5 degrees. It seems like a ploy, so that ppl who are like "this sucks compared to MX-2, I'm taking it off" are forced to wait and by the time it cures they are like "I'm too lazy, it seems to work well enough".

Anyways, check your TIM application, you might actually want to remount. And lastly, the case (case air flow) plays a large role on the overall temperature so does ambient temps.

Back