Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

hi all

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 04:29 AM Thread Starter   #1
jay_stealth

Talking hi all

hi ive just bought a asus a7a266 mobo and i have an amd 1200 thunderbird (locked) i am a n00b to overclocking but i know that this is a good board for doing so.i was just wondering what clock speed i should run it at?i am buying the board from a friend that is using an amd 1400 so the clock speed is set to 1400?would this fry my board?i also have a modified gts card.
nice to see that someone else is using the vbulletin forum, but it would be better to turn email activation off.also i could advise you on how to remove the white line on the top of the board if you want to.also nice to see the msn hack
...thanks all jay

Last edited by jay_stealth; 01-14-02 at 07:59 AM.
jay_stealth is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 01-10-02, 04:48 AM   #2
Dieni

First of all welcome to your new addiction of overclocking....
Nowadays the almost all mobos adjust will recognize the CPU automatically.

It is better if you reset the cmos before powering up the comp.

I am not conversant with asus mobos, therefore it is better if you place this in the asus section.
Dieni is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-10-02, 04:35 PM   #3
UnseenMenace
UnseenModerator

10 Year Badge

**** Moved to Asus AMD Boards ****

Welcome to the forum, I hope that someone can help you with your questions but unfortunately I can not suggest a speed to run your system at as not all components are created equal.. as you state you are a 'n00b to overclocking' perhaps it would be advisable to read the beginners guides on the front of overclockers.com which will give you an indication of the task ahead.. and hopefully we will then be able to assist with any questions you have, however you would need to tell us more about your system such as tempratures and the hsf being used.

UnseenMenace

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards