• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kkpudge7

Well, since I got all of my FSB and power saving multiplier issues figured out I decided to take OC'ing for my first ever test drive. I've been using the system for about a week now, so I figured the break in period for my thermal paste is probably over and gone. Anyway, I left all of my settings the same except I upped the CPU FSB to 375x8 and put the RAM FSB to 1500. Giving me a cool 3.0 Ghz on my q9450. Let me know if I should change anything, or if I forgot a step or what not.

Anyway, I've been running 38c idle (same as I was stock). And here is a shot at my temps while under full load of prime95 for 14 minutes so far (hasn't gone above 51c).

Capture.jpg

not bad for a first time. keep up the good work and congrats! what are the other specs and what are we cooling the quad with? keep it up and you can hit 4GHz pending the cooling.

Thanks Spawn! here are my other specs as requested...

Case: TT armor (with 25cm side fan)
MB: Asus P5E3 Premium Wifi ap
CPU: Q9450
HeatSink: ThermalRight Ultra 120E (black) (with 2 78cfm fans, push/pull)
RAM: 4 GB G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 (2x2) @1600Mhz
GPU: PowerColor 4870
PSU: HEC 750w

update: Prime95 has been running for 45 minutes. max temp for any core is 52c.

Last edited:
Back