• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the fastest blu ray burner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the fastest right now is 4x, although I saw somewhere a company was releasing a 6x or 8x soon. To be honest they're only going to get faster; if your needs match the price, go for it. If you keep waiting for something faster, you'll never buy anything. :)

also when are the 200 gig disks coming out?

I read somewhere on Cnet that they were going to come out. Also have you heard about any company working on bigger ones? (I shutter to think how long it would take to burn such a beast.)

Actually, holographic storage has been out for a while and is used by Boeing (I think) along with the USGS. Terabyte disks are in the works.

I think it'll still be awhile before triple layer and up disks become mainstream, or the burners. And a much longer time for them to become affordable. Don't hold your breath.

holographic storage?

as in holograms? How does that store information? Speaking of that though I saw a show on technology in the making a year or so back and it was talking about holographic programs and such coming out in the next decade or so, do any of you know anything about this?

Back