• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got the BLuegears X-Mystique Blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vektor67

Registered
A few years ago I was shopping computer speakers for gaming/movies/music ect. And decided rather than get the logitech z5500 or gigaworks ect. I bought a 7.1 Reciever (Onkyo TX-SR503) and a set of 5.1 Fluance speakers (Inexpensive great sounding !!) I bought a Bluegears X-Mystique 7.1 Gold as it was all the rage and had Dolby Digital Live. Only just a few short years later nobody supports it with drivers anymore, Certainly not in Vista 64. I found a guy who wrote his own and distributes themand it works 32Bit but I can't get 64 bit to work. I have a perfectly fine shiny Gold soundcard which is worthless to me and no one to call. I see Auzentech has HDA now but they stopped too. whew ok rant over. I guess my question is anybody in the same boat as I , now a work around for me or Lastly recommend a card with some staying power. I had the X-fi before I got the X-Mistique but I'm not crazy about it, I think I've had it with creative. So any recomendations based on my setup would be very much appreciated. I 'll be building my new computer tomorrow and had planned to use Vista 64 but without sound I think I'll do a dual boot or something.:bang head

Back