• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO MORE NYS TAX @ NEWEGG.COM!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MR-FIX-IT

Disabled
Yeah baby!!!

New Egg changes TOCs b/c of NY Sales TAx

A few months ago, New York State made changes to its tax law which potentially require out-of-state internet retailers to collect and remit sales taxes to New York State.

Since then, New York State has issused a memorandum indicating that an internet retailer would be presumed not to need to collect New York sales tax as long as: (1) its contracts with its New York-based affiliates prohibit the affiliates from engaging in solicitation activities which refer New York customers to the retailer, and (2) the New York-based affiliates sign an annual statement confirming that they have not solicited New York customers for the retailer.

We firmly believe that our relationships with our New York-based affiliates should not require Newegg to collect New York State sales tax. However we want to make sure you comply with the new rules. Therefore, we have posted special terms and conditions on the Commission Junction website. To comply with the memorandum, the terms and conditions require you (1) to not solicit business for Newegg from New York residents, and (2) to submit a yearly certification stating that you have not solicited business from such residents.

Please log into your Commission Junction account today to review and agree to the new program terms and attached terms and conditions. Because we want to ensure that our affiliate partners comply with New York State tax law, I would ask that you please complete this no later than August 20, 2008. Please note that if you do not accept the new program terms containing the new terms and conditions by August 20, 2008, the system will automatically expire you from the program. You would then have to re-apply and accept the new program terms in order to be re-admitted into the Newegg affiliate program. To prevent you from having to reapply, we ask that you make every effort to accept the new program terms on or before August 20, 2008.

We are committed to our New York customers, as well as our affiliate partners. We strive to provide our customers and affiliates with the best product deals, selection and service.

Hmmm the US Constitution does not give the state the power to regulate (lay taxes) on interstate commerce...only Intrastate.... one day there will be a lawsuit.

Hmmm the US Constitution does not give the state the power to regulate (lay taxes) on interstate commerce...only Intrastate.... one day there will be a lawsuit.

The question is, given the ever growing online businesses will the federal government step in and ask for a piece of the action?

its the customers job to pay THAT states taxes. such as joe lives in Utah and and orders something from a Colorado store. Its Joes job to pay Colorado the tax not the store. See what happen was, NY is such a tax heavy state im sure they saw a big loss over the last 10 years with the internet boom so they went after the companies to cover it, when in fact its not there job to cover or collect it its the single persons job.

None the less, its good to see that they removed it..

This is for NYers only.

Why would I buy online and pay shipping plus tax, when I can go to the store and not pay shipping? Seemed silly, unless the price was way less than the product plus shipping and tax, but probably only in extreme circumstances.

OH MY GOD I AM NOW SO RELIEVED!!

I started ordering more from ZipZoomFly since NewEgg was charging tax. The only way around NewEgg's tax was to go to chiefvalue.com (newegg sister company), but they didn't have the rebate and coupon deals, so I still missed out on a lot.

WAY TO GO NEWEGG!! I'm back to doing business with them. Screw NYS for their BS money-hungry jerk sauces!!

I live in NY, and the whole newegg tax thing began putting a bad taste in my mouth... and I even told myself it almost made sense that they did it, but now I could care less!

now only if they would give back the 150-200$ tax i paid to newegg in the last 2 months :/

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's okay. I'll take the hit as I'd rather this than a continued taxing by them.

It hurt me to have to sometimes shop elsewhere when the tax was killing the deals for me.

Now I'm tempted to buy a 4870, but had I known a day later I would have not bought the 9800GX2 from tigerdirect...

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's okay. I'll take the hit as I'd rather this than a continued taxing by them.

It hurt me to have to sometimes shop elsewhere when the tax was killing the deals for me.

Now I'm tempted to buy a 4870, but had I known a day later I would have not bought the 9800GX2 from tigerdirect...

yea, when the 4870 launched newegg was only place i could find it.. with tax/shipping/price raise do to demand i paid like 350$ now you can get em for 250$ shipped less than a month later :/

yea, when the 4870 launched newegg was only place i could find it.. with tax/shipping/price raise do to demand i paid like 350$ now you can get em for 250$ shipped less than a month later :/

the visiontek is $235 after rebate and coupon code EMCAJBKAB at newegg :) code still works

pff all u ppl that r bitching about 2 months worth of tax... lol californians just learn to deal with it haha. Us californias get screwed... im trying to dual sport my dirtbike for street use but its looking like that isnt gonna be possible due to emmissions standards change in 2004... i guarentee my lil CRF250X puts out FAR FAR less emmissions than my 6.0L v8 in my truck... how dumb is that.

When i saw the email i was like

koolaid.jpg

Back