• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1600 Pro. . .Where does it rank?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

ok i have a x1600pro as it says in the title. I have never been much into computer gaming and consiquently have never figured out much about video cards. I have no idea as to whats the latest and greatest nor do I need it. But I was wondering how old or out dated my card is. What does it compare to in the nvidia series? What directly followed my card in ati? How many generations back am I? Is the card enought to play any of the modern games? (Not looking to play crysis or cod4 so leave those out, plan to play oblivion tho). Thanks in advance.

its dated at this point but you can prob play modern games at low res and lower settings. You are a few generations back at this point. Basically that card is about the same performance as the best from the x850 series but with shader model 3.

generation wise (without minor dye tweeks such as x800 vs x850 and x1800 vs x1900) it went:

x8 series - 1k series - 2k series - HD 3xxx series - and the current HD 4xxx series

You should be able to play Oblivion without too much of a problem. You'll prolly have to turn a few settings down but it should still look good.

thanks guys just what i was looking for i plan to upgrade soon but it may be back burnered a little longer as i think i may just want to swap mobos to push my quad farther. anyone want a barely used biostar i45?

Back