• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Playback Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sim

Alright, here's the problem, If my computer has been on all day and Ive been playing games on it when I put in a dvd, after about 15 min. it frezzes then I get a Blue screen of death, and even when I restart the dvd wont play. But when my comp has been off all day The DVD will go about 2 hours then freeze and then get a BSOD and all the other stuff. I suspect its because the cpu runs at 56c when I turn the system on it starts out at 35c then goes up. I play UT on it all day, and it doesn't so much as twitch.

My system is as follows:

1.33 ghz Athlon 266fsb (not oc'ed)
ECS K7-AMA
Geforce 2 mx-200
IBM Deskstar 60gb 7200rpm ata-100 HDD
Afreey 10x DVD
Sigma Designs Hollywood plus DVD decoder
Generic 256mb SDRAM PC-133
Windows 98 se

SiM:) :D

sim said:
Alright, here's the problem, If my computer has been on all day and Ive been playing games on it when I put in a dvd, after about 15 min. it frezzes then I get a Blue screen of death, and even when I restart the dvd wont play. But when my comp has been off all day The DVD will go about 2 hours then freeze and then get a BSOD and all the other stuff. I suspect its because the cpu runs at 56c when I turn the system on it starts out at 35c then goes up. I play UT on it all day, and it doesn't so much as twitch.

My system is as follows:

1.33 ghz Athlon 266fsb (not oc'ed)
ECS K7-AMA
Geforce 2 mx-200
IBM Deskstar 60gb 7200rpm ata-100 HDD
Afreey 10x DVD
Sigma Designs Hollywood plus DVD decoder
Generic 256mb SDRAM PC-133
Windows 98 se

SiM:) :D
I would first try and reinstall drivers and your dvd software..about your temps ,you need to work on your cooling they should not be getting that high ....

Back