• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spyderdixie

Registered
I put the ramsinks on my video card, and they just fall back off. What am I supposed to use.

Well I use the Artic Alumina Epoxy for gluing mosfet sinks and ram sinks. It works very well.

with those it voids the warrinty right? What if I use the stuff that came from the factory, that white tape that was on the video card.

The reason that they fell off is because you didn't clean off the oils that would be present from the factory install . Use 99% Alcohol a few times and scrub them well . You can also get some small clamps to keep the sinks tight till they have bonded .

Yep, cleaning with alcohol only really doesn't get the oils off. You need something like Artic Clean. You'll have to replace the TIM tape now since it's got oil on it.

Sorry, it's a common thing and I caught it about 20 min before I did mine last year. Luckily I read a post about the right way just in time.

I cleaned with alcohol and Artic Clean before I tred to put them on, all it takes is a tap and they fall off.

i would try a little bit of super glue and AS5. it will fall off later on, at least it did for me. i put them on the inducers around my cpu and they stay on but can fall/be pushed off still.

what about using the white rubbery pads that were on the cooler from stock.

i mixed them 50/50 at first and then went a little higher on the super glue. i ran out of super glue and then used model cement (for plastic models and the like) with the same 50/50 ratio.

phil, is that the same tape that comes on the video cards from the factory?

its definitely not what came on any of my 8800s. check it out here

what came with my cards was like a thick mat that wasnt very adhesive. this is like a sticky double sided tape that has good reviews and has worked well on my 8800GTS. 4 or 5 months, not one has fallen off.

Back