• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Want to Start a New D2 LOD Char?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I want to make a character and only play in private games thus being uninfluenced by anyone else. I don't want to power level in baal games I want to play it the way it was meant to be played. I already have a 94 and am tired of the typical style of game play.

Pretty much I want to start fresh and see if I can beat the game legit, and looking to see if anyone wants to join.

I've been unsuccessful getting D2 to run on Vista thus far. If I either get it running, or switch back to XP x64, I'd definitely be up for joining some games. I'll post back if I get it going.

I copied this from another forum:

"I'm running Vista on my laptop. its a 1200x800 display, so I've got black border on the left and right hand side to maintain the aspect ratio.

To make the game run properly under Vista, I had to go to the compatability tab of the desktop shortcut i made and check the following..
1. Run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP service pack 2
2. Disable visual themes
3. Disable desktop composition."

hope that helps.

So no one wants to start a new character with me?

If you can wait a few weeks...I will be in...

I am in the midst of getting my mother back out of the hospital and also will be right in the middle of hardware changes for the upcomming OC Forum wars...

After all of those things are taken care of I will have some free time to really enjoy the game again...

PM me here in a week or so if you are still interested and I can give you a better update...

Blizzard offers free digital downloads as long as you have your keys.

Last edited:
Well I have the high level characters a decked out 94 sorc and a full level 85 smiter, I'm just looking to play the game legit. Just try to beat the game with one other person. Just play it normal through doing the quests and not doing baal runs to level up.

i just restarted a lvl 40 hardcore barb. died rushing a friend through act4. freaking iron maiden haha.

Blizzard offers free digital downloads as long as you have your keys.

Wow, I literally had no idea they were doing this...

I have my keys registered, though it's going to be hours until I can play... the download manager speed is terrible :(

~ Gos

Maybe if I had LOD installed and I beat the original. My lvl 33 barbarian has been getting raped at the seals to Diablo for the last week, so I'm doing a Paladin now.

Im afraid I dont wanna go through legit as iv done it waaaaaayyy too many times in the past. All my chars are now NL on europe realm, but they are pretty insanely geared, just PM me if you wanna play

No thanks. I've had insanely geared chars in every ladder season and it just gets pointless and boring. I just want to play untwinked characters with another person and beat the game with only the items we find.

i am actually up for playing i just cant find my lod key. let me know where you guys are at west/east?

I've been unsuccessful getting D2 to run on Vista thus far. If I either get it running, or switch back to XP x64, I'd definitely be up for joining some games. I'll post back if I get it going.

i play D2 on vista and i've never had a problem. works just fine for me.

Back