• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore problems with e8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jobrien2001

Hi,

I have a gigabyte ep35-ds3l and have current vcore set to 1.4v to go 4ghz+ but... my bios is reporting only 1.1v on the vcore on the "PC health monitor" menu. Moreover I checked other utilities and they are all giving me the same voltage (roughly).

3852ghz.jpg

I cant bump the FSB more because its unstable. Im kinda worried if i go over 1.4v on the bios ill fry it. Do i have a bad sensor? I dont get it.

Any help will be appreciated.

I'd be a little worried about that +12v sag myself...

The CPU voltage is fed from the 12v rail on pretty much every motherboard made since the i845/865/875 chipset days. If your 12v rail is sagging, that means the onboard voltage regulation circuitry is having to work just that much harder to keep the CPU fed.

What kind of PSU do you have in this rig?

While you're entirely correct, my software meter still isn't a half-volt out of whack. It says something like 11.9 whereas the actual voltage is about 12.2 or thereabouts.

Having such low readings (even if it's software) makes me suspicious...

12V rail trouble aside, I don't know if I believe any of those voltages. I mean, 3.8ghz at 1.16v on an e8400 is super good. Unless it is a fine chip, I doubt that it is being reported correctly. Like redduc900 said, make sure that your BIOS is updated.

Back