• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 177.92 Beta-Driver up to 15% faster + physx driver v8.08.18

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

Ripped From XS

Release notes:
  • Supports GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, 9500 GT, and 9400 GT GPUs.
  • Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.08.18).
  • Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
  • Adds support for 2-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel® D5400XS motherboards.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
  • Supports CUDA™.
  • Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
  • Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
  • Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v177.92 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:
  • Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
  • Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
  • Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
  • Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
  • Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
  • 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
  • 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  • 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10
  • Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
*Note: Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2, 3-way SLI technology, and Hybrid SLI technology are only supported on Windows Vista.
Windows XP

32-bit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_177.92_beta.html

64-bit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_177.92_beta.html

Windows Vista

32-bit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_177.92_beta.html

64-bit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_177.92_beta.html

makes me wonder if i should get rid of my 8800GT now =|

I'm saying "No." No point in getting rid of anything until new games that use more than your 8800GT can handle come out.

Does this version support OpenGL 3.0?

Ugh, just installed new drivers 2 days ago.

I'll wait until something bigger comes out.

Also keep that GT, it's not doing anything you don't want it too ;)

installing now

let everyone now how it runs. (ill also see if i still have problems with badaboom) ( i have audio problems with badaboom, i posted on their site and they said its a known issue and will be fixed for the final release cause its in beta now. maybe these drivers may help the problem

I'm saying "No." No point in getting rid of anything until new games that use more than your 8800GT can handle come out.

Does this version support OpenGL 3.0?
not sure, but i know when nvidia release big bang II which is 180.xx drivers it will have opengl 3.0 and allow multi monitors for sli :) with more performance gains

but i think im going to pick up a 4870 instead of 4850 not sure yet :p i just want to try ati again :) but i do love my 8800GT

not sure, but i know when nvidia release big bang II which is 180.xx drivers it will have opengl 3.0 and allow multi monitors for sli :)

but i think im going to pick up a 4870 instead of 4850 not sure yet :p i just want to try ati again :) but i do love my 8800GT

i say wait for the 200B series come out. then pick up one of them or buy a 280 (pre -B) for mad cheap

This nearly doubled my performance (+95%) going up from 177.40. 8800 GTS 320MB on geforce 6100 chipset, Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, Vista 64.

I agree, keep the 8800GT is a fine card for 99% of the games out @ 1680x1050 and lower.

This nearly doubled my performance (+95%) going up from 177.40. 8800 GTS 320MB on geforce 6100 chipset, Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, Vista 64.
:eek:
On what did you see such an increase?

I will wait to see what kind of results others have...

When you all install new drivers, do you remove the old ones first using a driver cleaner or do you just run the install?

First driver I tried with my 320MB and they work great, I'm maxing out Bioshock/Oblivion @ 1280x720 4xAA/16xAF Gamma Correction and Transparency AA. Getting well above 60fps. :D

I will wait to see what kind of results others have...

When you all install new drivers, do you remove the old ones first using a driver cleaner or do you just run the install?

Always uninstall the previous driver at the very least

I never bother uninstalling the previous driver: Never had a problem.

And when I finally do? Well... isn't that what Driver Cleaner is for? :shrug:

Uninstall the previous driver...reboot....install new driver...reboot...go back to what I was doing

Back