• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ID this component!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theELVISCERATOR

Hey can anybody help me id and LOCATE one of these?

Seems to be a capacitor, yet more like a power resistor...

part of a circuit in my battery charger...

Never seen what seems to be a cap rated in watts?

.05uf MPR5W

google is no help....gets like 5 hits all wrong...

You can see broken case, which seems to be like silicon or ceramic.....

I jumped it with bare wire and it worked again.....but only for a sec so as not to burn up the power tx......

Attachments

• 1200 021.JPG
    1200 021.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 263
most likely (MPR5W) is an in house part number, and you would not be able to get one unless you are a liscense repair shop. I have seen those type before when I took Electronics in college, but can not help figure it out. Have you tried radio shack? Even if they do not have it they might be able to point you in the right direction. Atleast that is the way it is at the 4 near me. What kind of battery charger is it? becouse a specialty cap. is going to cost you a boatload anyway, becouse of its rareity.

IIRC an ohm farad is a second. I don't think you'll get any hits googling the actual specs of it, I would take it to a specialty electronics store.

most likely (MPR5W) is an in house part number, and you would not be able to get one unless you are a liscense repair shop. I have seen those type before when I took Electronics in college, but can not help figure it out. Have you tried radio shack? Even if they do not have it they might be able to point you in the right direction. Atleast that is the way it is at the 4 near me. What kind of battery charger is it? becouse a specialty cap. is going to cost you a boatload anyway, becouse of its rareity.

Its from a supernova 250 computerized programmable NICAD, NMhydride and lead acid charger.....

figured it out complete brain fart.....

IT IS a resistor...I kept seeing a uF where there was none..

I couldlnt fathom a .05 ohm resistor..whats the point? its like nuthin!

but thats it and I got 4 coming from digikey..

Radial Leaded Flameproof Resistors carry ratings to 10 W.

August 3, 2006 - Featuring non-inductive metal plate resistive element, MPR Series comes in ceramic case and is RoHS-compliant. Radial leads have 10 mm standoff to aid in heat dissipation without overheating circuit board and surrounding components. In addition to 2-10 W power range, series offers resistance values from 0.01-2.2 ohms in 5% and 10% resistance tolerances. Applications include power supplies, voltage regulation, and automotive systems and controls.

glad to hear you found it. By lloking at it it reads .05 ohm farad's witch make no sense.

Back