• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lian li a71 squeaky screws?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast53

Registered
I was installing my motherboard a couple hours ago, and when the screws started to get tight, they start squeaking when i turn them. I stopped screwing, but the motherboard seemed loose, yet i was too scared to go on. I've never had this problem before. Anyone ever have this problem with lian li's?

Thanks

did the screws that you are using come with the lian li case? It seems to me that the screws you are attaching have a different thread count then the standoffs that you are attaching them to. However I dont own a lian li case so im just addressing the problem in general terms.

did the screws that you are using come with the lian li case? It seems to me that the screws you are attaching have a different thread count then the standoffs that you are attaching them to. However I dont own a lian li case so im just addressing the problem in general terms.

+1 for not the correct threaded screws, had similar problem with a server board standoffs didnt match screws

^^ yup - i just did this today actually till i realized wrong screws

your not using the right ones, your using ones that are too big, use the next size down (cdrom size ones, not harddrive size ones)

Back