• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this overclock seem ok.?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny sevenfold

Registered
Hi, just wondering if my ram is able to keep up with cpu overclock,

in the bios the ram and cpu are set to unlinked on my asus striker extreme 680i

i have my E6600 @ 3.30Ghz 1.42vcore and on load gets to around 45oc watercooled but my ram is still at stock 800MHZ 1.85v and its corsair xms2 DHX 2 x 1g 5-5-5-18 with the domminator fan so there running cool.

:welcome: to the forums!

The CPU overclock is very nice, gj. You can probably go higher with the ram, but overall a very nice overclock.

ahh ok i dont really want to over volt the ram just incase but i will give it a go and see what i can get stable at stock voltage.

and could someone try and figure this one out please :eek:

in the bios when i try to overclock my cpu that bit more it just wont go up, when i first got the cpu it was stock 1066fsb and now i reached 1467fsb

but any higher than that my cpu still pasts post and windows loads but it still stays at 1467fsb even if i up the voltage a tad more, it seem like it cant go passed that fsb.

any suggestions.? is it time to start changing the multiplier.?

thanks

The board shouldnt have a problem going past 1467/4 = 367 fsb. Drop the multi to its minimum to test for the highest fsb you can boot to in order to see what the mobo can do.

Also what program are you using to monitor system settings in windows?

BTW speaking from experience with e6600 chips they seem to top out anywhere between 3.2 and 3.8 ghz on water so you very well may have room to increase.

drop the multi to 1.? :eek: lol

im using the Asus Ai Booster which came with my motherboard drivers.

Yeah iv done a bit of research on these 2 chips the e6600 and q6600 and im aiming for arounf 3.5-3.6Ghz

it idles around 23-28oc so hopefully i have a bit of room to reach this.

drop the multi to 1.? :eek: lol

im using the Asus Ai Booster which came with my motherboard drivers.

Yeah iv done a bit of research on these 2 chips the e6600 and q6600 and im aiming for arounf 3.5-3.6Ghz

it idles around 23-28oc so hopefully i have a bit of room to reach this.

the lowest multi conroe chips can go to is 6x from your max of 9x.

Start using cpuz, its a free download, to monitor your system settings instead. Not becasue the Asus Ai Boster is nessecairly bad its just that cpuz is the golden standard currently.

Back