• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stand By Function Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Val155

My PC is 5 years old. It has been working perfectly. I just recently put in a new Video Card (ATI HD3850 AGP). Ever since, when I put my PC in stand by mode, when I try to wake it up, the PC comes on, but my monitor doesn't back on...it stays in the powered off mode. When this happens, I restart my PC and then when it reboots, it wakes my monitor back up.

How can I fix this so that it goes back to how it was working?

Which OS are you running, what VC did you have installed previously, what are you running for drivers, and were your previous drivers completely uninstalled prior to installing the new card? Listing your complete system spec's may also be helpful. And assuming you're running XP, you might want to check out this MSKB article in re: to troubleshooting standby issues...

How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477

I had the same problem with my old PC, to be honest I would imagine it is just an incompatibility with hardware, I could never fix mine so I wouldn;t hold out much hope but I do hope you can fix it, its just that I never could!

Back