• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This probably isn't surprising A+ from newegg yet again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThatCollegeKid

Registered
Well I placed my order 8/23 (beginning of weekend) with newegg for my first ever build. :D

Lookie what the brown santa claus brought today :santa2:

SSPX0024.jpg

SSPX0025.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, the pics are from my camera phone.

But A++++++++++++++++++++++++ to newegg. Shipped out 8/26, was here on my doorstep today (8/28) at 2:30pm.

I do have to say I had an issue with them not charging my CC, but they cleared it up instantly when I called them. Seemed more like computer error than anything.

So WOOOOHOOO! I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Nice setup...brown turd truck will be here with my sweet tooth addiction tomorrow

You will really like the formula...best MB I have ever owned

Only bad thing I see is the Zalman cooler...if its as big as I think it is...you might want too install the memory in slot 1 before you install the HS...My TRUE 120 almost blocks slot 1...

If you have too much troubles with the BIOS...look me up on yahoo or aohell and I can help you out as best as possible :D

Nice setup...brown turd truck will be here with my sweet tooth addiction tomorrow

You will really like the formula...best MB I have ever owned

Only bad thing I see is the Zalman cooler...if its as big as I think it is...you might want too install the memory in slot 1 before you install the HS...My TRUE 120 almost blocks slot 1...

If you have too much troubles with the BIOS...look me up on yahoo or aohell and I can help you out as best as possible :D

Thanks for the heads up man. Glad to see another 2A guy around here, although I don't own anything at the moment. Been lookin' for a solid carry weapon although I think it's gonna be pushed back with this new build. I still have to order an acer 24" lcd and that's another 360 bucks so yea I think I'm done spendin' money for a bit.

The zalman isn't ginormous I don't think, looks like it should fit alright. I believe someone else I had searched has an antec 1200, rampage, and a zalman fitted with 4 gigs of some kind of memory, so everything SHOULD be fine but I'll definitely install the dominator before the zalman then.

I will most likely be picking your brain a bit for the BIOS settings as this is my first overclock, although a buddy is gonna be helping me with the build since it's my cherry poppin' time :)

one key point I forget to mention...use the white slots for OCing...the white slots tend to OC better then the blues...

I use just the white slots when benching with a high OC on memory...but I use all dimms with a mild 4G CPU and low memory Mhz OC for gaming...

hope your cooling fan can still be used also...you will need it after you really get the rampage bug going :beer:

Sorry didnt catch the above post right away...yea I really liked my G19...sadly I had to sell it a few years back...I actually owned 2 at the time...G19 and the G26 for my ankle...I do plan on going with a G21 or 22 next time though...9mm just dont do cut it anymore...kind of like trying to win a OC contest using a barton 2500 vs a QX9650 ;)...

Back