• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking XP success rate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silvel2edge

Registered
How successfull have you guys been at unlocking the XP? I'm going to be trying my first time this weekend. I will be following toms guide to unlocking the chip... but i heard of some people using clear nail polish instead of super glue. Have any of you done this? Is it better? Also, what happens if i go the super glue route....what if i mess up? Can i redo it? Thanks in advance for all that reply to this. I greatly appreciate it!

-Silver-

I have done it and as long as you follow that little video or instuction then you should be alright. Just take it slow.
Super glue is what I used and it works just fine. If anything make sure you do the super glue right, because you can scrape the paint off the bridges more easily than you can scrape the glue off.
Hope I helped...good luck.

get the high speed pc kit

if you wanna ensure your rate of unlocking the processor, spend $12 on www.highspeedpc.com and get their xp unlocking kit. it comes w/ everything you need, a long extensive instruction sheet, and even a magnafying glass. I am a newbie who has never overclocked my cpu before and i unlocked a 1900+ on my first try.

Back