• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVision: Sort Of INTEL Message with Mythbusters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you mean adam and jamie

All though you may be correct that it is Adam and Jamie since M3 is owned and operated by Adam, Jamie technically brings the life and charisma to the show which gives M3 it's business. I think Jamie and Adam is correct.

All though you may be correct that it is Adam and Jamie since M3 is owned and operated by Adam, Jamie technically brings the life and charisma to the show which gives M3 it's business. I think Jamie and Adam is correct.

No he says Matt and and Jamie in the first post

Something tells me thats not quite what's going on in my computer. Also, with the second "gun" how long is the reload time to make me a different frame.

Mythbusters "demonstrating" technology by putting on a show that has nothing to do with it; that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

There demonstrating how a GPU can process many more calculations per second that what a CPU can. In other words,

CPU= The first gun shooting one at a time slowly
GPU= Second gun with Stream Processors working in parallel

I actually like this analogy although I take it as negative as well as the obviously positive light nVidia is trying to shead on their GPUs

I take this to mean that GPUs are good at only one kind of thing and built for only that purpose in mind. Much like that giant contraption they made a GPU isnt good for much else other then highly specialized code or making one type of picture in the case of that specialized gun.

A cpu, or in their analogy a robot with one gun on it can be programed to do basically anything with that gun. Yes the GPU will beat the CPU in its specialty but a CPU can do tons more then a GPU.

If I where an exec at intel I would employ the mithbusters to do a larrabee demenstration with the same parts but paint different pictures at whatever pressconference the plan on giving more larrabee info at. The giant gun would fire the same thing every time where as if you spend more time programing the robot it could shoot faster and with more presision. Also to highlight the larabees use of multiple cores you could have a robot to represent each core of the larrabee and have them each making different pictures to show larabees versatility

Note I am not trying to say intel is better then nVidia or vice versa

Last edited:
That show was plain silly. I really hope intel pulls it off puts their boot in NVIDAs mouth lol, besides i would really like ray tracing instead of current tech.

Neat show but I'm not sure the angle Nvidia is taking here. Of course, a bunch of stream processors are going to be better for some things as graphics and we already know this. Their gpu's still have to rely on a more general processor feeding it. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

I was in the front row at Nvision 2008, you had to be there it was cool. Who cares what it has to do GPU vs CPU. It was crazy and a lot of fun, sorry you guys missed out.

That show was plain silly. I really hope intel pulls it off puts their boot in NVIDAs mouth lol, besides i would really like ray tracing instead of current tech.

I think we're in for quite a ride...

It's more than likely gonna be another gay format war, almost like Blu-ray vs. HD DVD. And just like that format war with the movie studios, the game/graphics development companies will determine who wins this one. And, seeing that EA is big, fat and, I might add, lazy, EA will take the easy way out and make that decision without the customers' opinions. EA's decision will be based on how quick they can make money and not on the amount that they can make.

This is exciting and stupid at the same time...

Back