• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia woes... need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I recently purchased a PNY 9600GT from Circuit City for $125 as they have them on sale... I know it isn't as good as the prices online, but I was in a "gotta have it now" kind of mood...

Anyways, that said, I need some good objective advice right now. Since I bought the card from a brick-and-mortar store, I have 30 days to return it for a full refund. I saw that Radeon 3870s are going for as low as $125 on the 'egg right now, so if I were to return my 9600GT and buy a 3870, the price would be the same for me. With all the "bad chip" stuff going on with nVidia right now, would anyone out there suggest I switch to the 3870 while I still can? See system specs below, not that they matter much for this questions.

Thanks in advance.

There's no problem with your 9600GT, ergo there's no reason to return it. nvidia's issues with laptops do not extend to their desktop line.

I have heard that some of their desktop products are affected as well... of course its just rumors from the tabloid that is The Inquirer... but still...

Seriously i wouldn't worry, just keep your card. It's been talked about many times on here and i doubt many desktop cards are affected. Also the 3870 is a nice card but about the same performance wise as what you have.

Back