• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FireFox Won't Open!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Hi,

Having a bit of a problem with FireFox. Yesturday FF locked up on me and I had to close it via the task manager. Afterwords it wouldn't open again. I double click on the icon and the hour glass appears and then absoluately nothing. Not seeing anything in the task manager now either.

The one thing I do remember is that FF wanted to update, I had the message on the screen but did ignored the notice to upgrade to the new version at that time. About 5 hours later FF crashed, some website I usually go to locked up the whole program and now this..

Any ideas?

Hi redduc900, I tried opening FF in SM, but it still wouldn't open...

Shoulnd't I uninstall the other one first?

No matter which way I do this will I lose my bookmarks or saved information in FF? If so, where are all those files located so i can make a back up copy of them?

the installer will uninstall the older version and install the newer one, Your bookmarks and all won't go anywhere, but just in case it's all in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\random stuff.default

Well that seemed to take care of the problem, bookmarks intact. Looks like my add-ons stayed put also.

Thank you!

Back