• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about matching subs to sattelites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I used to have a set of Logitech Z5500s until the control center died on me. The Sattelites I have though use a standard speaker wire to connect them so I was just going to buy a replacement reciever and powered sub. I have read that generally when you buy a preformed 5.1 sound system than the sub is already matched in size and power. The Z5500s originally came with 4 62 watt sattelites, a 69 watt center speaker and a 12in 188watt sub.

I know the reciever I am getting will be an Onkyo TX-SR506, but I am not sure what exactly to get for a subwoofer. At the moment I was looking at the polk PSW125 which is a 12in 150 watt subwoofer as that seems to be about the same size as the logitech one (although much better quality). I could use some input though from someone who knows more about sound systems than I do though.

Thank you
Greyspectre

It doesn't really matter all that much since in your receiver you will be setting the crossover. Set something like 120Hz or 150Hz and you'll be fine!

Back