• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Loving VLC Media Player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiggity

The first reason I got it was to play .MP4 files and it does that perfectly. Then I also noticed later it can play .ISO and .IMG files directly from their source. It's very good and it's very simple to manage subtitles as well through this player. I'm finding it to be a really good compliment to Media Player Classic.

I've been using VLC for some time now and enjoy it. Assoicated all media files with VLC to get away from media player 11.

I'm pretty sure it plays everything other than some Real type things. I have used it for years I absolutely love it, no codecs needed, no downloads, fast, easy to use, lightweight.
It ran 720p on a PIII 699MHz laptop!
what a program

VLC player - jack of all traders master of none.

i dont like it, especially trying to manually use the slider to go through a video file %99 of the time it freezes, or crashes or audio goes out of sink.

media player classic FTW!

I certainly has its issues, mr.guvernment pretty much summed it up. It will play pretty much anything but still has quite a few bugs. I do love the VLC portable though. Between that and firefox portable I am pretty much set on these locked down computers at work.

I call it the Swiss Army knife of media content. Works on the big 3 OS's and plays pretty much anything. Even my P2 PC's I can config it to where it plays the media and uses less resources than most other video players. I haven't tried MPC on them, might have to give it a go. Though I can admit, VLC can be a bit buggy at times.

VLC player - jack of all traders master of none.

i dont like it, especially trying to manually use the slider to go through a video file %99 of the time it freezes, or crashes or audio goes out of sink.

media player classic FTW!

I know that feeling, especially if you were taking no notice of where your were previously. DOH !:beer:

The one thing i really dislike it really just a gui issue. I wish that it had its play list attached to the side. I dislike how it handles play lists other then that I have no real complaints. I havent had it crash on me yet

Don't get me wrong, Media Player Classic (anything with FFDSHOW owns anyways) is still my primary player. VLC is just the perfect backup / supplement.

I've yet to find a file that VLC won't play for me, even media that other players have choked on. Being able to play ISOs and discs just makes it all the better.

<3 VLC 4-evar.

Back