• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTPC video card questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penixor

I was looking into build a HTPC and was needing the tv tuner to be with it as well as a video card, im assuming. So either i have to buy both a tv tuner and a video card or can i get this which does both right?

Yes, that is both a video card and tv tuner. However, I don't find the quality of the tuner as good as the Hauppauge cards I have owned.

that card uses an ati theatre 650 tuner, which i have found to be of really good quality(ive owned the 550 and 650 and was impressed with both). the only hauppauge card ive used was a wintv pvr-150 and i was very unimpressed with the quality of the picture(blurry) and the driver stability. maybe that one was a lemon, as i would think that a company that produces tv tuners and nothing else would put out quality stuff.

either way, i think that AIW would be a great card for an htpc.

my god, if ATI threw together a 4870x2 +HDMI +ATSC&NTSC Tuner, i'd buy it just on principle alone of it being f***ing awesome

i guess i can dream!

Wow..I thought AMD was going to discontinue the AIW line. An AIW HD card is totally kick arse!!

That being said, I would still rather go with fanless cards inside my HTPC.

I agree, the pvr-150, by todays standards, is sub-par. I have a 1600 that I am very happy with. However, I am comparing it to an older AIW i've used, so it might not be fair.

Back