• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LarryRF

Hi all, new here so I'm looking for some sage advice from anyone in the know :)

I'm working on my first OC and I need some advice on temps and cooling. Current system is in my signiture. I'm happy with where I'm at right now OC wise, but I'd like to make sure my temps are not too high and if a new Heatsink would be in order. I currently am overclocked to:

3.28 Ghz
vcore 1.36875 in bios
1.344 in CPU-Z
Dram Freq DDR2-1028
Dram voltage 2.0
Dram Timing 5-5-5-18 TRFC 55
NB voltage 1.43
CPU Ratio 8
FSB Freq 410
PCIE Freq 100
AI Trans Booster Manual
CPL 7

I'm currentl;y idling at 36-37 (cores 1 and 2) degrees celcius, ran Prime 95 for 2 hours, no errors at 55-56 (cores 1 and 2) degrees celcius under 100% load on both cores. System has been stable for 2 days in both Vista 64 and Win XP 32. My current cooler is the Freezer 7 Pro. Seems to do a good job but I was wondering how the Thermalright 120's would compare? Also, if they are better, has anyone gotten them into my particular combo, ie: P5E Deluxe and Antec 900 case.
Thanks all for your advice, Larry

Those temps are pretty good. You can go higher with what you have. I'm not 100% sure on the max temps for a 65nm processor but you could take it to mid 60's without a problem. What temp program are you using for monitoring? Are you using the pushpins on the AC7 or did you get a backplate for it? If no backplate, you could get one cheap and gain a little more efficiency from better/consistent contact. Is 1.368v the lowest you can use to keep stability?

Axis

I can't read your red text so I have no idea what system you are running. By "AI Booster" I would assume you have an Asus board. Cpu speed and vcore look pretty nominal and your temps with Freezer Pro look good.

I would suggest changing that red text to something that's readable.

Btw Welcome to O/C Forums! :welcome:

E6750 Core 2 Duo OC'd to 3.28
Arctic 7 Freezer Pro
Asus P5E Deluxe X48
OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 4 gb
EVGA 8800GT SC
Western Digital Raptor X 150 gb
Seagate Barracuda 750 gb
Creative Labs X-Fi Gamer
Antec 900 case
Vista Ultimate 64/Win XP

agreed that red text is difficult to read

better?

Thanks for the responses. I was just running Prime 95 again and the pc hard locked this time. I knocked it bank to an even 3.2 400x8 and 1000 on the ram. I keep reading others going higher but it seems I've run into a wall I haven't figured out how to hurdle yet. So far it's been stable, no idea why it locked up. Should I be looking at increasing the Vcore a little more?

Thanks, Larry

Back