Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

DuoOrb Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 10:01 AM Thread Starter   #1
chewbears
Registered

DuoOrb Question

Alright went out on a limb and bought this for my 790i ULtra and Q6600. I previously had a freezer pro. At 3.5 I run 42c at idle and 65~ with prime95 running for 24 hours. When I put in my DuoOrb I idle at 36c BUT when under load I can't handle it. It will go over 80c in a few minutes and I just stop the test. I have installed many heatsinks and have check and recheck applied and re applied artic silver paste. Its not the paste, its not the tightness etc. Anyone else have a DuOrb and experience bad results. Any idea, can I tweak the fan speed or anything. I have been searching for quite some time now and have found nothing.

I am curious to know if because I have the 3 pin power plugged into the 4 pin cpu plug i could be getting bad fan results. Unfortunately now as I am at work this occured to me so I haven't check the bios to find out what the fan speed is in RPMs at "high"

ThankS!!!

Last edited by chewbears; 09-03-08 at 11:13 AM.
chewbears is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool