• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel speed in an XP Processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

84 CRX

Registered
Amd was the first to 1ghz. Now Intel is the first to 2ghz+. Everyone knows the AMD's XP processor out performes all the Intel processors except the new 2.2ghz. And it just edged out AMD's new 2000+ running at 1.666ghz. It sure would be nice if AMD made a 2.2 or a 2.4ghz XP processor. Could you imagine how far ahead AMD would be in performance? I can't wait till they come out with the new 0.13 micron core.

i totaly agree :) i run an xp as u can see in my sig and i plan on getting the throughbred when it comes out too .13 micron should make it a great overclocker :D :cool:

That would be nice, but the architecture is completely different between the two. .13 micron should be some impressive stuff though, I hope.......I would hate for intel to have the lead for very long, well....in the non-o/c'd world that is.

84CRX thats a coincidence that you compete, I compete in IASCA IDBL stock 1-160 ......3rd place at world finals with a 153.6 - 2 planet audio 10's ........small world eh?? :D

I don't believe so, with .13 they are going to be smaller wafers so I doubt you are going to fit a thoroughbred in a socket A. Since I have not seen nor heard anything to the contrary I think it's a safe bet that the new .13's will be using the current chipsets, at least until ddr333.

Yeah, it would be nice to see AMD skip a cpu build and go straight for Intel's throat. Come out with a .13 micron TRUE 2.5 GHZ chip (XP3000?) and have a cool mobo, and decent memory available.

Granted Inel is a good company. I have used thier systems for years, well... 11 atleast. Maybe I just like to see the underdog win.

(Red Pill or the Blue Pill?")

:cool:

Here is the darn shame! I have such a nice setup right now, (that I have not had for very long) I would hate to have to change motherboard, processor and ram again just to have the best computer again. Unless they keep with the 462 scocket.

Kamikaze said:
84CRX thats a coincidence that you compete, I compete in IASCA IDBL stock 1-160 ......3rd place at world finals with a 153.6 - 2 planet audio 10's ........small world eh?? :D

Yep! You got to love the cars that go BOOM!:D

I think AMD will keep the socket A platform until they release the new Hammers, so **I think** the thoroughbred and the Bartons will still be Socket A chips.

And it's incredible that with a 533MHz disadvantage, half the amount of L2 cache, and a lot less optimizations, the XP2000 was still able to keep up the pace, and still arrive so close to the 2.2GHz P4 !!!

AMD is INCREDIBLE !!!:D :D :D

It would be nice to see...as long as they keep the performance similar to what they have now.

Mhz is just a number..it really only has the value that you assign it. AMD is just taking away the value for those that can see that it does not have an intrinsic value in and of itself (though Intel started that with the Celeron)...

Back