• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX260 vs GForce 9800GX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i686

hi'
as I changed monitor to get a big one (28"), I was looking for a real efficient card to be able to run all games and all at max res,
the 9800GTX can't do it, it does 1920x1200 but medium res for new games, not bad but not enough ;)
I can't put Dirt or Grid at max ... missing some pleasure :(

so which one would you take as a video card, a 9800GTX2 or a GTX260 ?

anyone has an advice about that?

any comment welcome ;)

i686

ps; btw, this viewsonic vx2835wm 28" is quite nice, not the top for sure but really nice ;)

From the reviews I saw when the 260 and 280 GTX came out, the GX2 outpaced both of them. You can wait to see if the 55nm 280 and 260 offer anything more than the current cards. I don't know what your clocks are on the 9800, but you might be able to squeeze some more juice out of her if you OC her some more.

hi'
I was a bit afraid of answers as it is quite obvious that this GTX2 is a bomb,
just looking at the prices ...
a 9800GTX Sli in one card ;)

for instance the price is quite the same for a G280 and for a good GTX2 ...
so, I guessed that my choice has to go for this GTX2 if I want to perform well ...

last mag review, was that the 260 can nearly do as much as a 9800GTX2,
and that the 280 was too expensive compared to a 9800 GTX2 perf ...

my clocks are 650/2000, already OC by msi.

i686

hi'

yes 289 is far too low, must have a low trick to deliver this one for lowcost ...
I ordered one that need a new psu with a pci-E 8 pins as the GX280 does ;)
so, the bill is around 500€, convert in $ and see the difference ;)
and the one I'll get today isn't a famous brand as Evga or Asus, it's a Gainward.

that's it ;)

i686

Back