• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange 9500 OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netmask

After clocking my 9500 past 235FSB my system does seem too boot but my monitor refuses to show anything and switches to stand by mode. I though that might be a PCI-x issue but it's locked at 100mhz.

I run again the same settings and noticed that windows don't boot. I feel disappointed I think the chip itself can clock higher just that damn FSB...

I run again the same settings and noticed that windows don't boot. I feel disappointed I think the chip itself can clock higher just that damn FSB...

You know I had the 9500 too....it can hardly OC...

Your HT link frequency is higher than your NB Frequency.

your HT should be around 1800 MHz for 9500

if your FSB is 235 X 11 = 2538 MHz

Northbridge = Bus Speed X Multiplier / Divider

= 235 X 11 / 1 = 2538 MHz

In no case should the HT Link frequency be set higher than the NB frequency; this causes the system not to POST. It should always be equal to or less than the NB, for example with the Phenom 9950 the default NB is 2000 Mhz and the HT is also 2000 Mhz.

you can try
NB Multiplier reduced from 10x to 8x, keeping the NB frequency at 1880 Mhz
HT Multiplier reduced from 10x to 8x, keeping the HT frequency at 1880 Mhz

Good Luck

Yes that's right I was about to post. The problem was the NB frequency and not the FSB. I lowered the NB freq and made it a little higher than 240 FSB. It was pretty strange though because the Dfi has not a clear multiplier scale like 10x 11x or so and it uses a DID and FID system. I'm closing in the top 10 in the wprime32 in hwbot after all :) (9500 category). I hope I fly over 2,58G where I currently hit walls and get higher.

Back