• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STALKER: Clear Sky - v1.01 Patch (Retail)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

Wow game is not even out yet and its already patched, it was suppose to be out today on steam but got pushed back till 15th so i have to wait another 10 days =[

bunch of fixes in this patch as well i can't wait to play this game!!

http://www.fileplanet.com/191404/190000/fileinfo/STALKER:-Clear-Sky---v1.01-Patch-(Retail)

This version 1.01 patch improves performance, overall stability, fixes potential load/save issues, balances multiplayer and adds an extra multiplayer map. Read the patch notes below for more details and a extensive list of fixes, changes and improvements.
Changes:

• MultiSample Anti Aliasing
• Added use of special cover during fights.
• Improved dynamic lighting.
• Changes to combat balance: some enemies are now stronger.
• Changes to economic balance.
• Added secondary objectives.
• Changed some animations in the multiplayer.
• Improved sorting of secondary objectives in the PDA.
• Added the ability to communicate with storyline characters, squad leaders and guides without holstering weapons.
• Added description of stash contents when purchasing information about the stash.
• Added additional information to pop-up tips in the PDA.
• Changed traders’ item stocks in certain areas.
• Changed life simulation balance (event intensity, mutant strength).
• Added the opportunity to get your items back after being mugged at the Garbage. Only part of your money is now taken when you enter/leave the Garbage.
• Added rewards for joining factions.
• Changed the PDA log message filtering system.
• Added flares in Limansk and the Red Forest.
• Increased reward for capturing enemy bases in the Faction War.
• Save/load file names can no longer contain brackets.
• Added use of localized strings in game console, chat etc.

Fixes:

• Game optimization (approximately 5% improvement).
• Overall game stability improved considerably.
• Fixed errors in saving the game, which caused consistent crashes during long games.
• Game loading speed increased by 10-15%.
• Fixed error with the emission.
• Fixed error which caused characters to run around with activated grenades in their hands.
• Fixed random enabling of music which had been disabled in settings.
• Fixed stash errors, including incorrect saving and accumulation (disappearance) of items in stashes.
• Fixed error with automatic failure of a number of objectives, which prevented them from failing.
• Fixed errors in some secondary quests.
• Fixed the guide algorithm. Guides can now take you to more locations.
• Fixed an error which caused the player to become an enemy of Clear Sky.
• Fixed the player’s starting position when entering areas.
• Fixed errors in the response of detectors to anomalies and artifacts. The detector no longer responds to artifacts it can’t detect.
• Fixed reward at the Duty base.
• Fixed minor issues in the PDA interface and in the multiplayer main menu.
• Fixed errors which caused the game to crash when the player joined Duty.
• Fixed minor bugs in mutant behavior after death (vanishing corpses, continuing animations).
• Fixed appearance of items in crates owned by camps.
• Fixed tree penetrability, including the ability to be penetrated by machine gun fire.
• Improved visual presentation of some anomalous areas.
• Fixed appearance of some Freedom stalkers.
• Fixed some text errors.
• Fixed errors which made it impossible to upgrade some items.
• Fixed the error which made it impossible to use grenades in the player’s inventory.
• Characters no longer give out secondary objectives during camp attacks and defense.
• Some traders now sell upgraded weapons.
• Added places to hide from emissions in the Dark Valley.
• Fixed an error with detector activation from the inventory.
• Fixed FPS drop in the main menu.
• Fixed double super-sampling buffering.
• Fixed bug with night vision effect which remained after the suit which provided it was removed.
• Fixed font display in DX10.
• Fixed errors in key assignment in game options.
• Fixed team history in the console following log clearance.

Multiplayer

• Added the Repair Base map
• Changed multiplayer balance.
• Fixed health indicator bug caused by using medkits while invulnerable.
• Fixed inventory opening bug, which occurred when the player died in DM, TDM and AH modes.
• Fixed the bug which caused a pause after client connection.
• Buy menu improved.
• Fixed BattlEye support.
• Fixed patching system.
• Fixed incorrect error message.
• Fixed error with movement of items in the backpack.
• Fixed first bullet dispersion.

I'm seriously debating getting this game, I think I might wait for another patch before I take the plunge. I played STALKER all the way through two or three times, I love the formula but the bugs were plentiful on release.

I have a preordered copy from Gamestop, and one from Steam.

STALKER was hands down one my favorite games ever, I had the steam copy preordered when I saw they did not push back the release date because of the packaging error. However last night, 6 hours to going live Steam pushed the release back, so I have two copies of Clear Sky now :mad:

I'll download it now, preordered it over steam a few hours ago. Too bad I won't get it till the 15th, but I liked the first one.

Edit: Actually...will steam do it? I ordered it through there and this was my first non valve steam purchase.

Last edited:
heh, funny about the patch, and delay. But I really don't care cause I can't get the game till mid Oct. (just baught SPORE). SO hopefully by then the game will be released and patched up a bit.

The original STALKER kinda had the same release "issues" a few years back.

Last edited:
Hope the game is as good as the 1st one, and mods that came out were awesome, I know what I'll be doing this weekend in between benching for the Forum Warz, bring it on Stalkers, sons of Hades:temper:

Hope the game is as good as the 1st one, and mods that came out were awesome, I know what I'll be doing this weekend in between benching for the Forum Warz, bring it on Stalkers, sons of Hades:temper:

I don't know. According to steam, comes out on monday, so no good playing over the weekend.

I've just now started playing stalker. I've got clear sky but I want to beat the first one first. I must say that after the float32, oblivion lost mod and texture upgrade, the game feels MUCH more polished and balanced than it did the first time I played it for a few days then got bored.

I got a call last night from Gamestop saying my game will be available to buy tomorrow, I haven't gotten a hold of anyone at Gamestop to shed any light on this. Anyone know what's up?

edit; update they have copies avail at my gamestop! call yours up!

Last edited:
I'm seriously debating getting this game, I think I might wait for another patch before I take the plunge. I played STALKER all the way through two or three times, I love the formula but the bugs were plentiful on release.

That's the only thing holding me back on this one as well. I bought the first one on release and was pretty ****ed at how unfinished it seemed. I never did figure out how to get the map to zoom right, seemed that sometimes the wheel zoomed one way, sometimes the other. And the journal/PDA system was garbage.

Think I'll replay it with the mods mentioned in this thread before deciding on Clear Sky..

No fair, how come you people get it early while people like me who have no means for transportation and are stuck buying it through steam have to wait till the 15th? :(

Installing it now fellas.

Only people that preordered it know it came out today, so unless you guys preordered it through Gamestop it's still street dated the 15th

Back