• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD RAID-0 Marginal Performance (Mtron)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R.J.

I installed two Mtron Pro 7500 32G drives in a RAID0 configuration and while everything is a bit faster, it's nothing to write home about.

With HDTach I get 205 burst speeds, 118 average read speeds, and .1ms random access times.

I previously ran two 74G Raptors in RAID0 and although a bit slower, they weren't too far off.

My setup contains:
A8N32SLI-Deluxe
AMD FX-60
7800GTX
Windows XP Pro

I'm using the onboard Nvidia nforce4 Raid controller with the latest drivers. I can't help but think something is bottlenecking the full potential of the SSDs. Although the motherboard is a bit old, it appears to meet all of the required specs that Mtron lists.

Would using a standalone Raid controller like Areca or Adpatec allow the drives to reach full potential?

its highly possible that using a ADD-IN card for raid would solve the bottleneck. my main thought is how old NF4 is but like you said and i looked. Mtron says is good to go.

Back