• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GS or GSO ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.Drift

they are the same exact card nVidia just relabled the 8800gs as the 9800gso to make it more competative. Go with whichever one you can get cheaper

+1 for the eVGA 9600GSO bryan-d posted... thats a sick deal if you don't mind the MIR. You're looking at 9600GT-like performance for 7300LE money... thats a no-brainer.

I remember hearing about that but it was very isolated and only found on cards from a retailer that doesnt sell in north america. There may have been more news since but dont expect to magically get a card with the 8800gts core

Isn't the GSO the best price/performance of all cards, including ATi?

I'd say its definitely the best performance for the "under $100" price point, but if you don't do the MIRs, you're getting awfully close to 8800GT territory with the lowest "before MIR" price being $90... to me, thats too close to the $111 PNY 8800GT which is clearly a more powerful card.

Back