• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e8400 voltage settings on a DFI motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExiledLife

Registered
I'm sorry if there is a thread about this already but I have been looking all over for how to simply overclock my e8400 to 3.6. I have a DFI Lanparty motherboard and unfortunately I can't seem to find a direct vcore setting change. I set the fsb frequency to 400mhz with a multiplier to 9x. The only problem I'm having is finding the right voltage. Anyone know what to do?

what specific mobo and bios are you using? Quite a few of their mobos have the lan party branding so that isnt specific enough

if you dont know the exact mobo go download cpu-z, its free, and look under the motherboard tab

DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard with stock bios version

The voltage settings are under Genie BIOS Setting--> Voltage Setting--> CPU VID Control: and CPU VID Special Add:.

What should it be set to? I read somewhere that it should be at +25.0mV or something like that.

I made a mistake in my last post... the DK BIOS doesn't have the CPU Voltage Control option, only CPU VID Special Add. Under the Voltage Setting screen, it will show your current Vcore as CPU Core Voltage, which should equate w/ the VID of your chip. So after making an adjustment to CPU VID Special Add, you'll need to reboot and re-enter the BIOS to recheck and verify the current voltage.
ExiledLife said:
What should it be set to? I read somewhere that it should be at +25.0mV or something like that.
There is no "set" voltage for an E8400 on a DK X48-T2RS, and as such the +25.0mV that's required for a 3.6 GHz clock on one person's setup may or may not be Prime stable on yours. Leave the Vcore at it's current setting (default VID), and run Prime95 to test for stability.

Last edited:
Opinions on how long Prime should run varies, but the general consensus here and at other OC'ing sites like XtremeSystems is eight hours using the "Blend" option.

That's a long time. Right now things seem to be going good but yea its good to check long deration usage.

Back