• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga gtx 260 sli...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My guess is the top one runs hotter, correct? If so, it is because it is pulling air over the back of the other card and gets heated up first.

The top card is hotter,idles at 54,the bottom idles at 45.Now when i play cod4 for 2 hours,the top card is high 60's and the bottom card is at 50.Now i dont have anything overclocked at all yet,still new to ocing,any suggestions.

need help

i just upgraded from a (i believe) 9280 ATI 128mp card to a GeForce 6200 256mb card. now im getting your card doesnt support GL_EXT_complied_vertex_arrray, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_tecture_compression. can someone explain in "lamens" terms how i ficx this? i remember on my ATI it was a simple configuration error on my part with the card settings, but i cant figure it out on this nVidia.

i just upgraded from a (i believe) 9280 ATI 128mp card to a GeForce 6200 256mb card. now im getting your card doesnt support GL_EXT_complied_vertex_arrray, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_tecture_compression. can someone explain in "lamens" terms how i ficx this? i remember on my ATI it was a simple configuration error on my part with the card settings, but i cant figure it out on this nVidia.
Please create a new thread since your issue has nothing to do with the thread. You will get much more answer that way ;)

The top card is hotter,idles at 54,the bottom idles at 45.Now when i play cod4 for 2 hours,the top card is high 60's and the bottom card is at 50.Now i dont have anything overclocked at all yet,still new to ocing,any suggestions.

I'd imagine the top card runs hotter because of the smaller space in which it draws it's air ( small pocket in between the back of the bottom card and the air inlet port on the top card ) and the temp of that air going in.

From what i've seen of the GTX 260s and the GTX 280s, the backside of those cards get quite hot.

~ Gos

Heat rises, and the main card will do most of the work like outhouse says, the second only comes under high load occassionally.

You could just raise the fan speed on the top one alittle higher to equal it out some if you're really worried about the temps

Back