• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[AU] Need copper for project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El_Poochino

Registered
I'm planning a little project I'll get time to do in a week or so. Getting the materials and supplies is going smoothly except for the copper.

I've hit up a few scrap metal places and even a place that does copper. I keep on getting told 'we don't sell to the public'. I would like to avoid the ultra ghetto of buying/borrowing copper wire and assorted bits and melting it down.

So where can I get a block of copper (hell, even aluminium) in Australia?

If you haven't guessed, it's a bit of homebrew waterblock action.

You might try PM'ing or emailing Cathar this question politely. He doesn't visit here too often but using the email link or PM'ing him he might be able to help you out. He is also from Australia and is the person who developed the Storm waterblocks among many other blocks.

cathar has been out of the loop for about 18 months . his silver came from me . not sure about his copper but he had to go to machinist for the cnc so his contacts for copper might fit under the same" dont sell to public"

I think I may of found a place, I'm checking it out tommrow. If it goes well I'll let you know who it is incase anyone else wants some ghetto cooling.

be sure to make sure you get the rating of the copper. some places will try and sell you thier low grade stock which has mixed metals in it which you dont want

I'll keep that in mind, but it's a rummage through their copper bin job. But this is a cheapo experiment project, so not overly concerned with the quality as long as it's cheap. If it works well enough, I'll probally due a proper job to put in the main rig.

Back